I promised you a recipe and here is it.
My Egg Muffins. In the mornings I need something that is full of protein and is going to keep me full for at least most of the morning. I was also sick of eating hard-boiled eggs every day at work. So I made these yummy egg muffins with zucchini and mushrooms (you can change these ingredients to whatever you like). They are very flavourful and my 7-year-old daughter actually asked me to make a second batch because she wanted to take some for her breakfast at daycare (I just couldn’t believe that she liked something with zucchini in it hehe).
To keep the calories down I used half regular eggs and half egg whites (8 large eggs and 8 egg whites) to make 12 egg muffins. They work out to 48 calories each, so I eat two for breakfast plus 1/2 cup of cottage cheese and I am full for the morning.
Without any further ado:
Egg Muffins Recipe
- 8 large eggs
- 8 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp greek seasoning
- 1 small zucchini diced
- 1 cup mushrooms diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat over to 350 F
- Beat eggs and egg whites with spices, set aside
- Spray muffin tins so the egg does not stick (sometimes it sticks anyways)
- Divide zucchini and mushrooms equally among muffin tins
- Pour beaten egg mixture equally into muffin tins so that they are filled pretty much to the top
- Bake egg muffins in 350 F oven for about 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean
I let them cool and then bag them into individual serving sizes (2 in a plastic baggy or container). Then they are ready to grab and go when I make my lunch at night, or first thing in the morning. I re-heated them for about 30 seconds and they were perfect!
Have a great one!