Ok I know its Tuesday BUT I was busy yesterday so you get this post today instead!
I LOVE Buddah Bowls…or anything that can be mixed into a big bowl of goodness. That is what inspired this dish and my Meal Prep for this week and let me tell you…these were AMAZING! I actually did NOT get sick of eating this AND I was sad when I had eaten them all. That’s saying something after eating them for 4 days in a row haha.
For breakfast I had 1 package of melba toasts with 2tbs of peanut butter spread between them and a piece of fruit, usually an apple or orange. The melba toast and peanut butter gave me the carb and protein that I need and the fruit is great for giving me a little more fiber and carb as well as balancing my meal and keeping me full longer. For lunch I had my Chicken Fajita Buddah bowls.
- 3 boneless-skinless chicken breasts
- 1tsp Mrs. Dash Southwest seasoning
- 1 jar salsa (I like mild but you can use whatever you want)
- 1 LARGE red onion sliced in skinny strips
- 2 bell peppers sliced in skinny strips
- 3 cups (uncooked) Tru Roots Sprouted Rice and Quinoa blend
- 1 cup frozen corn
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- Cooking spray
- 4 bowls or containers that can be put into the microwave to re-heat!
- Pre-heat oven to 400F or 200C
- Spray sheet pan with cooking spray and lay the chicken breast in the middle with the sliced peppers on one side and the onion on the other
- Sprinkle Mrs. Dash Southwest seasoning on both sides of chicken (add any other spices you may want) and salt and pepper on everything, including peppers and onion.
- Pour salsa, evenly, over the chicken breasts.
- Bake in the oven until the chicken is cooked through (about 25 minutes).
- While the chicken cooks, make your quinoa blend by following the directions on the package.
- Once everything is cooked start layering all of the items together in containers!
- To layer I start with my quinoa blend (1 cup) in each of the 4 bowls.
- Put ¼ cup of corn into each bowl on top of the quinoa.
- Divide peppers and onions evenly between the bowls and put them beside the corn.
- Then I slice up my chicken and divide that into the bowls.
- Top with a pinch of cheddar cheese and cilantro (optional).
These will keep for 4-5 days in the refrigerator so stack them up and grab 1 on your way out the door!
I feel like this looks like a lot of steps but I promise its not and it is SUPER easy! Like the easiest recipe I have made while meal prepping! Only 1 pan and 1 pot are used to make the WHOLE THING! You cannot beat that lol
Are you doing any awesome meal preps? Please share! I am always looking for new ideas 🙂
One thought on “Meal Prep Monday-Chicken Fajita Bowls”
Looks tasty! Glad to see you’re still at it 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person